Please click on the “Materials” tab above and obtain the materials listed. These will allow for the most complete participation in this course.
DNA extraction buffer
Teacher/Learning Coach may choose prior to class to prepare the DNA extraction buffer. In a container add 900mL water, then 50mL dishwashing detergent (or 100mL shampoo): , and finally 2 teaspoons salt. Slowly invert the bottle to mix the extraction buffer.
clear dish soap: https://amzn.to/3yaQpO0
1. Goggles or safety glasses: https://amzn.to/3zT4EZ7 Bulk option: https://amzn.to/3Qw0axH
2. Non-latex gloves: https://amzn.to/3OxWKbE
3. sealable sandwich bag: https://amzn.to/3beBGc0
4. 1-2 strawberries
5. Plastic cup or beaker: https://amzn.to/3NaVD0z
6. Coffee filter: https://amzn.to/3ybw3o9
7. Small bowl for trash
8. 91% Isopropyl Alcohol (chilled): https://amzn.to/39JyeWw
9. 250ml beaker (can also just use another cup)
10. Straw or tweezers